The Accountant - International Resource Development & Management (IRDM) is responsible for the financial management of the grants from start-up through close-out. The incumbent will ensure proper financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting in alignment with the goals of the grant, World Vision financial procedures, other regulations and the grant agreement. The Accountant will provide detailed financial analysis, reporting system and process development, training and support.
- Prepare and present accurate and admin budget during the proposal stage, by coordinating with People & Culture, Operations and IRDM departments.
- Advise project team on the cost allocation and other donor compliance to complete activity budget.
- Review and advice on the project proposal/ budget preparation with regard to compliance issues for all prospective sources of funding.
- Be part of Partner's Capacity and Finance Due Diligence Assessment Process by coordinating with different functions.
- Identify any gaps noted during the proposal development process and escalate to next level for required correction/ formalization.
- Support Finance Lead - Resource Development to conduct periodic grant finance reviews.
- Regular field visits with the Finance Lead Resource Development, IRDM and ensure the Grant compliances and Donor guidelines followed by the field.
- Coordinate with National Office finance, Field Grant teams for the accuracy of the General Ledger Entries.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Five (5) years of grant financial experience in leading teams of Project Accountants.
- A full or part qualification in ICA/ CIMA UK/ ACCA or a Degree from a recognized university in Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration
- Familiarity with Grant financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- This position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs