World Vision is a Christian, relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
We work through our main sectors - education, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, economic development and child protection - serving all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our work is always child-focused, participatory and community driven.
World Vision and has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently serves in 28 locations in 13 Districts across the country through development programmes. In 2021 we directly impacted the lives of over 100,000 most vulnerable children and their families.
Communication & Reporting Officer - WFP Funded Project
- Developed Communications resources effectively represent the WFP project, reflecting donor visibility and the vision, mission and values of World Vision (WV) Lanka.
- Prepare timely reports as per agreed timeline
- Maintain appropriate document management system
- Regular reflections with the stakeholders and partners to review the progress coordinate with MEAL coordinator and project team.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least Three (3) years experience in a Communications or Media position or similar responsibilities, with evidence showing examples of previous work (articles, social media content, photos, videos etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Journalism, Mass Communication, English, Development Studies or related field
- Strong Project management experience with Grant management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, work methodically and neatly.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Be proactive to work effectively with others on a common task and team work skills.
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge in photography, graphic and website design
- Videography skills
- High level of awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written (English) communications skills and proficiency in local languages ( Sinhala/Tamil)
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs