Orientation & Referral of MAG's Demining Staff to In-Demand Agriculture Initiatives
Mines Advisory Group (MAG) has been working in Sri Lanka since 2002 locating and removing landmines and other unexploded bombs, helping Sri Lanka to reach its goal of becoming mine-free. The clearance activities are currently taking place in Vavuniya, Mannar, Mullaitivu, Kilinochchi, Trincomalee, and Batticaloa Districts.
The organization currently employs over 1000 staff. Operations staff are deployed based on a 20 to 22-day full work cycle followed by a stand-down period (off time of 7–8 days). 95% of the field staff live in the Northern
MAG is looking for an individual consultant with proven expertise and experience to provide the following services:
- Engage with the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Animal Production and Health to learn about the services they offer at the district level in the Northern Province and how to access them. This includes maintaining regular contacts with these government departments to ensure that MAG demining staff are able to access the support programmes they need.
- Identify private sector and (I)NGO-led initiatives that are currently operating in each district and provide an overview of the in-demand crops and livestock they promote and services they offer in support of these products.
- Develop a database that is easy to use and includes all the relevant information on the identified initiatives, such as their scope, services offered, target beneficiaries, timeframe, and contact details.
- Establish contact with the most relevant initiatives to gain insight into their operations, services and products and explore potential collaboration with MAG Staff Transition Programme.
- Develop the content of the orientation sessions for MAG demining staff by incorporating the information collected on the initiatives and services available in each district.
- Facilitate at least 4 orientation sessions of one day each (including 0.5-day exposure visit) for MAG demining staff during the stand down period. This includes information on how to follow up and engage with relevant initiatives after the orientation session.
- Coordinate with identified organizations to facilitate the orientation sessions and exposure visits
- Prepare visual and easy-to-understand information materials, such as brochures and fact sheets in Tamil language, to reinforce the information presented in the sessions and provide MAG employees with a resource they can refer to in the future. This will include contact details for accessing the services.
- Encourage MAG demining staff to attend relevant events and meetings organized by these organizations to gain more information and establish connections.
Qualifications of the Applicants:
Professional experience in the agriculture and/or livestock sectors in the Northern Province with a proven track record of working with the private sector or (I)NGOs in implementing agricultural programs.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct desk reviews, interviews and other forms of data collection and analysis.
- Experience in developing and facilitating training and orientation sessions, preferably for adult learners.
- Fluency in Tamil with excellent writing and presentation skills; Fluency in English and Sinhala would be an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to accommodate changes in the schedule, including the ability deliver sessions on a different day or time to adjust to the operational needs and priorities of MAG.
- Ability to work and preferably reside in the Northern Province.
Please note the following
- These RFP give rise to no contractual obligation between MAG and any tenderers.
- MAG will not be liable for any costs or expenses directly or indirectly associated with participating in this RFP process.
- MAG will not be liable to any Tenderer where a Tenderer is not invited to participate in any of the subsequent processes following the completion of this RFP process.
- MAG reserves the right to make associated changes to the tenders' schedule and related tender documents.
MAG's intended timeline for this procedure is as follows:
Interested an expert organization or a team of qualified trainers should submit their technical & financial proposals not later than 9.5.2023 before 4 pm (Sri Lanka time, COB) Late offers will be rejected.
If you have any questions during the bidding period, please contact. MAG looks forward to your involvement in this innovative new proposal. MAG actively promotes transparent processes in all its procurement activities and readily encourages all qualified Sri Lankan companies to participate in this process.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs