The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a British non-governmental organization registered as a Charity undertaking humanitarian mine action around the world. MAG is working to save lives and build futures in Sri Lanka by reducing the risk presented by remnants of conflict.
MAG is seeking a motivated and experienced Deputy HR Manager who independently plans and coordinates the HR team in Vavuniya under the line management of the HR Manager in Colombo and assists with relevant tasks, as required by the Head of Support Services (HoSS).
The purpose of Deputy HR Manager is to maintain oversight of the HR and administration function within MAG-Vavuniya. Responsible for providing generalist advice and guidance to support staff, especially operational staff on a wide range of HR issues to ensure compliance with local labour law and effective staff management.
As part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks and submission of a Police Report before an offer of employment is confirmed.
- Working experience in an HR management position with responsibility for recruitment and selection, employee relations and terms and conditions, ideally in an NGO setting.
- Experience in contributing at a strategic level to senior support meetings and planning
- Experience in designing and implementing HR systems and processes
- Experience in line managing staff and developing a team
- Experience in interpreting and applying Labour Law and developing effective and compliant company policies
- Experience in designing and delivering training to colleagues
- Ability to work with colleagues with diverse abilities and specialisms
- Ability to represent the organisation externally
- Able to multitask and manage a heavy and varied workload
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills. Tamil and Sinhala languages are added qualifications.
- To show Interest and commitment to MAG's humanitarian mandate and principles Innovative, creative and proactive with a strong analytical and solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards and continually improving effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to establish and develop effective working relationships in a cross-cultural environment
- Maintain excellent working relations at both levels internally and externally Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to represent and promote MAG
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in HRM or equivalent from a professional body (CIPM)
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role preferably in an INGO set-up
Salary will be based on the MAG Salary Scale on a fixed-term contract.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs