- Works within communities to enable mutual transformation in the lives of children, families, supporters, partners and World Vision (WV) staff
- Serves as a catalyst, a partnership broker, and a capacity builder of local partners in facilitating the emergence and strengthening of community-led initiatives to improve and sustain the wellbeing of children and their families
- Manages technical projects in respective Primary Focus Areas, including annual planning & budgeting as well as implementation, regular monitoring and reflections.
- Ensure effective communication of World Vision's identity, mission, vision, values and approach to development.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the local context, including government perspectives and plans and ensuring all voices are heard, especially those of children and youth, including the most vulnerable.
- Mobilize and support the creation, mobilization and strengthening of community groups and key stakeholders which catalyze community engagement to improve child well-being.
- Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities, through home visits, community immersion and attend community social events, etc.
- Ensure program quality through effective planning, implementation and monitoring with communities and partners.
- Document and submit progress, lessons learnt and most significant change stories through community reflection for monthly, semi-annual and annual reports to relevant management and donors.
- Conduct community awareness on sponsorship for new program
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources and maintain high standards of stewardship and accountability.
- Lead implementation of technical projects within the allocated primary focus area within the stipulated time and ensure proper budget utilization and spending in accordance with WV policies, standards and procedures.
- Increase self-development for task performance with systematic planning through training, experience sharing, exposure visit, lessons learned, etc.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least 4 years of experience in Community Development, Programme / Project Coordination in an international organization preferably in the INGO context.
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, International Development Studies, Community Development or any other relevant field or Degree / Diploma - WV facilitated Learning For Transformation affiliated to GULL university, California with 5 years of experience in Community Development, Program/ Project Coordination.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/ partners.
- Experience in working with children.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including child protection, nutrition/ health, livelihoods, resilience, advocacy, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, environment, disability, child participation).
- Networking, negotiation and partnering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications in Tamil.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Ability to ride a motor bike with a valid ridding license.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs