The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce in its continuous drive to expand its capacity to better serve the business community of the country wishes to recruit a self-motivated individual to fill the below vacancy:
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Chief Economist of the Chamber, the incumbent is required to perform the following functions:
- Prepare research publications on contemporary topics relating to international trade, private sector development, taxation, economic growth, etc.
- Generate new research insights and sectoral data as required
- Develop submissions to policymakers on economic, sectoral and regulatory issues faced by the private sector
- Represent the Chamber at economic and business forums, government discussions, and private sector meetings
- Lead the Chamber's efforts in developing positions on trade agreements, and become the focal point on research and information related to trade agreements
- Manage Steering and Sector Committees of the Chamber, while producing written inputs and outputs to support the advocacy efforts of the Chamber
- Undertake research on contemporary topics relating to the private sector development
- Organize public-private policy dialogues/roundtables, meetings, seminars/webinar
- Lead the efforts of the Chamber in delivering of commissioned reports, surveys and stakeholder consultations for international donor projects
- Supports team members reviewing their work and providing feedback
- Assist in all other work of the Department and as assigned by the Superior
The candidate must have;
- At least 5 years working experience in economic research, analysis and policy formulation with a focus on the private sector industry.
- A Master's Degree in Economics, Business Economics, International Trade, Public Policy or related field from a recognized University.
- Experience in working with business leaders, undertaking consulting assignments, and generating new business insights.
- Fluency in both verbal and written communication in the English Language with high competency in MS Office and online collaboration platforms.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet timely deadlines with the ability to operate independently, as well as in a group-decision making environment.
The selected candidate can look forward to an attractive remuneration package and a work environment that is engaged and development oriented.
ASG - HR & Administration
The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs