- Performs the costing of all import shipments for goods in transit in the consignment database.
- Liaises with the Finance Department for opening letters of credit, transfers, and bank delivery orders for shipment covered by L/C.
- Authorizes our freight forwarders to clear the goods in the case of direct shipments.
- Obtain a short lading certificate from the Customs Authority.
- Files insurance claims and follows up for payments/credit notes with the insurance company.
- Checks and verifies Freight Forwarder's invoices for imports, obtains approval from the respective department head, and forwards these to Finance for payment.
- Plan and implement all import strategies according to customer demand, administer the movement of imported goods, and ensure compliance with all government regulations.
- Communicate any variances in the quality of imported material to the suppliers and take immediate remedial actions to avoid future occurrences.
- Partner with suppliers and plants to ensure accurate movement of all goods, ensure the arrival of goods within the required timeframe, and obtain the best freight rates at all times.
- Design, evaluate, and renew contracts with material and service suppliers, and monitor and prepare reports for all import activities.
- Prepare all import quotes from suppliers and perform all shipment bookings with carriers.
- Update on all import laws and procedures and maintain knowledge of all tariffs and licenses.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain /certificate / diploma in business, logistics, or a related field may be required.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in the relevant management software programs.
- Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent networking and time management skills.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs