The duties from the airline's hub in Katunayake, shall consist of, but not limited to the following:
- Flight Dispatchers will exercise operational control over aircraft as stated in the Operations Manual.
- Preparation of the required flight documentation package including Operational Flight Plan, Weather Folder, NOTAMS, Passenger and Load Manifest, etc.
- Maintain flight watch / flight following through tracking systems & VHF.
- Collect NOTAMS & brief the crew / relevant parties on the latest NOTAMS & unserviceability that are likely to affect the flight operations.
- Maintain & monitor appropriate operating information available for flight crew, such as water levels, runway conditions, sunset & sunrise times.
- Pay special attention to aircraft fuel requirements, fuel availability & outstation refueling arrangements.
- Maintain a continuous watch on weather conditions that could affect flight operations.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with flight crew, ground handling personnel, flight operations personnel & other stake holders.
- Ensure that all aircraft are dispatched in accordance with the operations manual.
- Coordinate with ATC any required changes or amendments to the ATS flight plan during a flight.
- Update & maintain information on the computer program used for tracking flight crew duty & rest times.
- Input any other operational data into company computer tracking systems, reports or database as required.
- Be thorough & familiar with the Emergency Response Plans & its application during emergencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXERIENCE
- Flight Dispatch License will be an added advantage for both, securing the position as well as earning higher remuneration.
- Alternatively, an Aviation related higher diploma or a training in Flight Dispatch (Preferred: ICAO 201 - Flight Dispatch Training) or Commercial Pilot License.
- Prior experience in airlines flight operations will be an added benefit.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs