The role holder will play a strategic, leadership role in the areas of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media to deliver Save the Children's country strategic plan in Sri Lanka. The post-holder will aim to strengthen organizational representation and engagement in order to inform and mobilize the public and influence policies and practices. The role will seek to amplify the voices of children in relation to strategic priorities, and deliver lasting impact for children in relation to a range of development and humanitarian issues.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Lead ACCM functions to deliver country strategic plan while also design, develop, and execute the country ACCM strategy.
- Strengthen Save the Children Sri Lanka's representation and positioning for influencing and public mobilization.
- Facilitate child and youth engagement to create space for them and amplify their voice publicly and also in policy discourse at sub- national, national, regional and global level.
- Lead strategic advocacy and policy voice for Save the Children Sri Lanka, working closely with program and humanitarian teams.
- Provide leadership to ACCM team to drive impactful campaigns for programmatic integration and policy linkages through active engagement of the supporters and stakeholders including public.
- Provide leadership for strengthening SCI branding in the domestic and international market to support campaign as well as diversify and mobilize resources.
- Lead on relationship building with the media and other key stakeholders critical for our branding.
- Manage media engagement strategy, including proactive and reactive, especially in line with advocacy and campaign priorities.
- Engage in New Business Development processes to include CO ACCM priorities in new programmes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's Degree, preferably in Public policy/ Social Sciences/Public relations from reputed University.
- Significant experience in similar role in a large I/NGO, UN or corporate entity.
- Proven experience in developing advocacy strategies and leading evidence-based policy development, influence and wins.
- Demonstrated experience in leading public campaign design and understanding various types of communication and branding materials for diverse audience (internal/external).
- Deep understanding of socio-economic-cultural-environmental-governance-policy landscape, preferably for both development and humanitarian context.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with government and other key stakeholders.
- Excellence in written and spoken communication skills both in English and Sinhala/Tamil, including demonstrated ability to respond to media professionally.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs