This is a wonderful opportunity to join a key academic department within the school. The successful candidate will lead a supportive and experienced group of teachers who excel in delivering a broad curriculum, culminating in the prestigious Cambridge A Level Program.
- Previous leadership experience of an academic department is desirable.
- Experience in teaching all age groups (11 to 19 years).
- Experience in teaching IGCSE / O Level and A Level is essential.
- Candidates with experience of successfully teaching the Cambridge IGCSE and A Level specification is desirable.
- Support the management with the day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within science stream.
- To maintain and develop the school's standards through supportive quality assurance.
- Develop and monitor schemes of work, in liaison with the Deputy Head of Academic, and ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and are differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of continuous professional development and training within the Science Department.
- Liaise with colleagues to identify and co-ordinate pupil support and intervention strategies.
- Assist with the development of innovative, creative approaches to teaching and learning across the subject area, whilst helping staff to support students in fostering their love of Experiments.
- Support with preparing the Department improvement Plan.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs