MAG is seeking applications from suitably qualified External candidates to consider for the post of IT Assistant based in Vavuniya. The IT Assistant will support the mission users in handling the computers/technologies in line with MAG ICT and Data protection policies. IT Assistant is responsible for supporting and carrying out repairs for any ICT equipment /devices at the field and base level within the programme.
- Be the focal point attending and recording ICT support requests received from the users and addressing them in a prioritized manner
- Ensure OS, antivirus and software are up to date in ICT devices on a regular basis
- Monitor all data backup systems schedules to operate accurately and fix/report any issues identified
- Support/guide users to store data on MAG systems appropriately and in a secure manner
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software and hardware
- Do the network cabling when required and carry out hardware repairs of laptops/desktops/Printers/UPS etc.
- Follow up on IT-related matters & check the IT infrastructure in the different field offices monthly
- Clean desktops/laptops and printers on a regular basis & Observe and report computers are free of illegal software
- Support asset logistic officer in updating ICT assets, prepare & report ICT Assets on a monthly basis
- Ensure all CCTV equipment is operating correctly, report image quality of all cameras
- Clean camera lenses, check regular basis that all cameras are securely mounted & Inspect CCTV poles against damage and erosion.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum one-year working experience in the relevant field.
- Certificate/Diploma in information technology or computer science is preferred
- Should have a sound knowledge of OS, antivirus and office application software
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing laptops/desktops/printers/UPS etc must
- Ability to communicate in English, Tamil & Sinhala desirable & Tamil is must.
- Having knowledge of CCTV operation and maintenance of surveillance equipment
- Experience working independently for extended periods of time in 'stand-alone 'environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Identify IT risks
- Knowledge of electronic repairing & troubleshooting would be an added advantage
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs