Union Assurance is a leading corporate and the fastest growing entity in the Life Insurance industry backed by the strength and stability of John Keells Holdings PLC, one of Sri Lanka's largest conglomerates. For the 9th consecutive year, the company has received the GPTW certification as a ‘Best Employer Brand,' and in 2020 was awarded the ‘Global Employer Brand’ by the World HRD Congress.
The person will be responsible to facilitate the Head of the division and act as the Legal Officer responsible to handle the entire spectrum of legal & related functions of the company, mainly covering – drafting/finalizing contracts, coordinate with external and group legal counsels/stakeholders/industry forum, and research and provide advice on legal matters including regulatory advice, handling, coordinating and advising on litigations and labour related legal matters, etc.
- Drafting, review and finalize legal contracts, MoUs, lease and tenancy agreements, and legal documents and letters.
- Responsible process owner for executing and maintaining all legal contracts.
- Title search on selected locations for expansion of branch network of the Company and advice on risks pertaining to leasehold rights of the Company in order to safeguard the company from any legal implications.
- Providing professional legal advice to the business and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Analyzing and identifying the legal risks and implications of the business's transactions, keeping the management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business.
- Participate/represent the company in legal industry forum and highlight matters of concerns and advice the company as necessary.
- Coordinate with group legal and external counsels/stakeholders and provide appropriate advice on actions to be followed as regards litigations and handling all ongoing activities related to litigations.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders and external counsels on labour inquiries and legal actions, provide suitable advice and direction to safeguard the company.
- Review and finalize court related documents such as petitions, answers, objections prior to submission of the same
- Responsible for registration and follow up on acceptance and publication of Company trademarks and logos with the National Intellectual Property Office
- Drafting and reviewing and updating company policies and procedures in relation to legal & compliance
- Follow up on trademark, logo registration & publication
- Advising divisions regulatory requirements & research on applicable laws & advise accordingly
- Attorney-at-Law' in Sri Lanka and Notary Public License
- Commissioner of Oaths' would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in handling legal related work, preferably experience in the insurance and/or finance industry (highly regulatory environment)
- Knowledge on applicable laws, laws and regulations related to insurance industry and financial institutes, contractual obligations and contract draft
- Review and negotiations skills
- Legal research and related benchmarking skills
- Knowledge on title search, knowledge in coordinating and handling litigation.
- Decision making skills where identify root causes of the problem and able to generate logical alternatives and resolves problems.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs