Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist - Non-Sponsorship
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist is responsible for ensuring high quality project/ programme designs with Theory of Change, Log frames, and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Systems. The MEAL specialist will ensure implementation of standard MEAL processes for Grants and other Non-Sponsorship projects within his/her portfolio. S/he plays an advisory role to advocate best practice adoption across project teams. S/he will proactively develop and execute grant/ donor specific MEAL design, methodologies and tools as per donor requirements. This role requires a highly analytical mind-set with experience in evidence-based impact analysis that will also lead the quality reviews of MEAL processes and products and provide timely feedback to key stakeholders. Moreover, s/he will be responsible for capacity building of project MEAL coordinators.
- Lead/ facilitate the log frame development process including problem analysis, Theory of Change frameworks for new proposals and projects designs.
- Develop the M&E framework aligning to World Vision International (WVI) partnership guidelines and donor specific standards.
- Lead the planning and implementation of all MEAL activities of Non-Sponsorship projects and programme portfolios.
- Conduct frequent field visits to assess the effectiveness of projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining of monitoring dashboards for management decision making.
- Prepare Terms of References and facilitate agreement process for outsourcing consultants for Baselines, Evaluation and other research and assessments.
- Ensure all the cross learning are documented and shared with appropriate group/ stakeholders. Write regular M&E reports on progress of the planned activities.
- Plan and host donor visits in relation project monitoring and evaluation.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in MEAL, Research, Statistical Analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Community Development.
- Experience in handling baseline, impact evaluation, and other social researches are preferred.
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences/
- Development/Management/Science/International Development/Statistics or relevant field.
- Data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) using statistical and Business Intelligent applications.
- Knowledge with statistical analysis using SPSS, SAS, Minitab, EViews or equivalent statistical package.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and knowledge of Sinhala / Tamil.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs