Job Description -
Operations Manager - Artisans HK Pvt Ltd An international luxury goods manufacturer and exporter with a presence in Sri Lanka for over 10 years and a global retail presence is looking to hire an experienced Head of Operations to streamline, strengthen and grow the operation at their factory in Tissamaharama. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the entire operations function of at the factory for approx. 200 employees (Factory + Office) as well as managing the requirements of close to 2000 associates involved with the operation.
- Oversee all departmental operations; Planning/Operations / Factory Maintenance.
- Establish departmental structures, goals and policies along with GM and HR team.
- Supervise the set up of single/multiple village collection points.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, define, implement and monitor all plant KPI's; DIFOT, P2P, FTT etc. Develop continuous measures to improve all set KPI's. Achieve Plant Targets and Business Improvement
- Manage Plant Operation, Production Planning, Quality Management & Project Activities
- Lead and implement projects related to compliance eg; ISO, OEKOTEX, etc.
- Practice and deploy lean management techniques to optimize factory efficiency and achieve efficiency targets.
- Determining needs, reducing costs and analyzing areas requiring improvement. To maximize efficiency and improve profitability, direct and coordinate financial and budget processes.
- Responsible for formulating policies, managing daily operational activities, and planning use of materials and human resources toward maximum productivity.
- Ensure all production related reporting is completed and shared with key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Takes steps to ensure, monitor and measure workforce attendance, engagement and productivity; Implements action plans to improve where required.
- Ensure all production related documentation is prepared as per 6S standards and past data is available at all times for audit purposes.
- Ensure factory layout is optimal for efficient running of the plant.
- Ensure, along with the HRM, that a fair and equitable performance management system and method of evaluation of employees is put in place.
- Ensure discipline is maintained at all times in the plant.
- Ensure all Health and Safety precautions are taken at the factory as well as continuous improvement projects are implemented and awareness is created for H&S.
- Motivate, lead and empower across the factory team to ensure Artisans HK values are embraced and practiced by all employees.
- Ensure training and development needs are met (in conjunction with HR); Ensure pipeline of workers exist for the plant.
- Oversee Quality of all production output and ensure all steps are taken to ensure compliance in quality as required.
- Any and other duties as required by the organization. Main Duties and Responsibilities; As part of the Leadership Team / Exco, executes the organizations Operations Strategy in relation to setting up the operations team, setting up a process, ensuring compliance and excellence in execution of management strategy.
- Ensures operational excellence and plans and directs the daily operations of the plant
- Ensures LTO rates are as per company KPIs, at minimal levels.
- Set up and improve operational processes and systems; Monitor, measure and improve all operational KPI's on a regular basis to track improvement; Implement necessary action plans to bring about improvement in all factory KPI's.
- Improve worker morale and ensure team members are engaged and happy; Ensure the factory practices Artisans HK values and ensure discipline is maintained.
- Ensure systems are in place to report accurately, all production related data to key stakeholders; Attend and chair meetings on production numbers; improvement projects and corrective action plans.
- Implement and lead compliance related projects; ISO SLS etc.
- Ensure quality of all production meets expected standards.
- Support all training and development and learning initiatives by the company.
- Liaising with BOI where required on staff related matters as and when required by the company.
- Grievance handling and industrial relations experience. Required Skills & Abilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Sinhala. Tamil would be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge in manufacturing and operations/quality. Thorough working knowledge of employment laws and skills applicable to Sri Lanka.
- Experience in implementing compliance related projects.
Lean/6 Sigma/ TQM implementation experience.
- Analytical and solution driven with a strategic mindset, yet capable of providing sound direction to execute day to day operations.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in any technical related field from a recognized institute.
- Masters or post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- 12+ Years work experience, 8 years + at a managerial level in a factory environment.
- Any professional qualifications will be an added advantage
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs