World Vision is a Christian, relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
We work through our main sectors - education, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, economic development and child protection - serving all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our work is always child-focused, participatory and community driven.
World Vision and has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently serves in 28 locations in 13 Districts across the country through development programmes. In 2021 we directly impacted the lives of over 100,000 most vulnerable children and their families.
Provide technical leadership and guidance in the implementation of Technical Specialist (TP) within the Regions assigned, relevant donor funded grant / NRD / PNS projects and partnership initiatives to ensure achieving World Vision Lanka's (WVL) Sectoral Objectives in line with National, Regional and International strategies and priorities.
- Provide clear Technical guidance and direction to implement the TP based on learning evidence aligned to regional and global strategies, global sector priorities and government strategies/ policies across different Area Programme (Aps) in the Regions assigned.
- Ensure TP reflect the necessary cross-cutting themes integration.
- Identify the resource gaps in the APs of assigned Region address them effectively.
- Plan the progress reviews of the TP in the assigned Region with the support of Technical Specialist - EAD to ensure national alignment.
- Assist Technical Specialist - EAD to Develop and provide budget guide lines, operational guide lines to APs appropriately.
- Participate Regional progress review meetings and guide the AP Team to meet the minimum standards set in the Annual guidelines.
- Ensure the AP level Outsourced staff are following the clear technical guidelines, assignments and providing the evidenced based information to the National Office through developed systems.
- Provide updates to the Technical Specialist - EAD time to time revision of TPs in aligning with Core Project Models.
- Positioning and branding WVL in the relevant sectors within Provincial and District partnerships.
- Sector specific advocacy and research targets are achieved on time and up to expected quality standards.
- Potential partners and donors at Provincial and District level are mapped and updated for strategic engagement, aligned to World Vision Lanka strategy
- Maintain internal and external core groups of technical expertise within organization and in the periphery.
- Keep the sector knowledge up to date on relevant national and provincial policies and trends of the sector.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated economic and agricultural development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (an advanced degree is preferred) in Agricultural and/ or business development with post graduate training on MSME development, economics, or a related field of study from a recognized University.
- Extensive knowledge on national and provincial policies and national and international trends of agriculture, enterprise development, local economic development, DRR and related sectors such as micro finance, climate change, minor irrigation, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills.
- Good knowledge in English, and Sinhala/Tamil. Excellent writing skill is essential.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs