World Vision is a Christian, relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We work through our main sectors - education, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, economic development and child protection - serving all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our work is always child- focused, participatory and community driven. World Vision and has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently serves in 28 locations in 13 Districts across the country through development programmes. In 2021 we directly impacted the lives of over 100,000 most vulnerable children and their families.
- Design and implement research studies that feed into organizational strategic decision making.
- High quality analysis and collaborative research work with internal stakeholders for effective
- technical programming and implementation of the country strategy.
- Effective management of knowledge.
- Collaboration with external research stakeholders.
- Resource acquisition through research partnerships.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Five (5) years of experience in research in development sector. Master's Degree in Social Sciences, International development, Statistics, Community Development or any relevant professional qualification with independent research work, demonstrates the capacity for critical analysis and application of specialist knowledge.
- An understanding of the developmental context and related contextual issues.
- Excellent conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent use of statistical packages and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge about research philosophies, principles, definitions, scientific tool and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Sinhala or Tamil.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs