Hutch is rapidly emerging as Sri Lanka's No. 1 choice for mobile broadband services. A continuing focus on delivering great value products and a high quality experience, Hutch's recent nationwide expansion deploying the country's most advanced 4G network, has geared Hutch to reach new heights.
Hutch is a fully owned subsidiary of Hong Kong based CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKHH), a global Fortune 500 conglomerate operating in 52 countries. Telecom operations of CKHH span the globe covering UK, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam & Macau.
The Senior Engineer - Power systems is responsible for the planning, design, building, and operation of DC power systems of all types, Electrical grounding Systems and Surge Protection Systems. This position will continuously conduct power systems analysis, load analysis, and other studies of the systems to determine their performance and capacity. Also provides technical support services, such as assisting with system configurations and trouble shooting.
- Design and implement suitable DC Power solutions for Telecommunication systems.
- Study, design and implement optimum electrical grounding systems, Lightning protection solution for BTS antenna towers in accordance with IEC standards and TRC guidelines.
- Driving maintenance procedures (Remote/On-site) to ensure the reliability of DC Power Systems at Telecommunication sites.
- Power system Inventory management & spare management.
- Prepare RFP, complete technical evaluations and end to end coordination of procurement of goods and services related to battery systems, Lightning protective devices, grounding system elements and installation of such devices and elements.
- Preparation of periodical and ad-hoc regulatory requirement documents on need basis for timely submission to respective government regulatory bodies.
- Carry out periodical energy audit related to BTS sites to confirm and identify the deviations in recommended power consumption of equipment installed at BTS sites.
- Study and analyses the alternative sustainable energy sources, carry out feasibility studies for implementation, Calculation of cost ROI and payback period, etc. and prepare reports for management review on such green power bases.
- Close observation of the electricity consumption and related payments.
- Prepare power system performance reports for management decision making.
- BSc Engineering degree in Electrical with Associate Membership of The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka.
- Should possess sound knowledge in latest IEC standards on Electrical Grounding, Lightning protections and LV Electrical Installations.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in similar capacity.
- Strong leadership & Interpersonal skills.
- Should be below 30 years.
- Fluency in oral & written communication in English.
Please forward your application along with contact details of non-related referees
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs
No. 234, Galle Road, Colombo 04.