Dimension of the role
- Supporting the overall Information System services rendered to the organization at Head Office, DC and store level.
- Alignment with The SPAR Group Limited to ensure that SPAR SL IT requirements are met.
- Direct all IT operations and project initiatives to meet quality, schedule, SLA, risk, and security compliance objectives.
- Ensure that SPAR SL IT remains in line with industry innovation and best practices.
- Provide end user support to SAP, retail ERP e-Commerce platforms, and other business applications.
- Providing workarounds for issues in Business Applications.
- Maintain issue logs on Applications and update them daily.
- Escalating issues to application vendors and follow ups and fast track solutions.
- Communicating with application vendors relating to new BRDS, reports and upgrades.
- Testing and implementing new modules, new business applications, processes, patches, parameters, reports etc.
- End user training on existing and new modules.
- Studying new products, new requirements, and parameterizing, testing and implementing same.
- New user creations, modifications to user access rights in Business Applications and record keeping thereof.
- Profile creations and modifications to profiles in Business Applications.
- Monitoring EOD process and supervising EOM & EOY processes.
- Co-ordinate with end users and project teams in implementing new products/processes in all business application systems.
- Preparing user guides and providing end user training on new applications/upgrades.
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot issues, and ensure uninterrupted operation of e- commerce applications to optimize their availability, stability, and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, configure the e-commerce platform, and deliver user support to enhance the user experience and drive the success of the online business.
- Ensuring that employees with access to information, information assets or information systems fully abide by SPAR SL Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures, as well as any additional processes, practices, procedures, and guidelines established by Head of ICT from time to time.
- Ensure that IT departmental procedures support the objectives of confidentiality, integrity and availability are adhered to as defined by the Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures, as well as any additional approved processes, practices, procedures and guidelines established by the Head of ICT from time to time.
- Ensure that Security restrictions are effectively communicated to those who use, analyze, monitor, administer, capture, store, process or transfer the information in any form, physical or electronic.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Management Information systems from a reputed university mandatory
- Minimum 3 years of SAP application experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Retail Systems experience.
- Fluent in both, oral and written.
- Flair for the business and be proactive for timely actions, initiatives to prevent disruptions to the workflow of the operation of all SBUs.
- Structured, systematic working style.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to all types of business environments and team members of different level of seniority.
- Hands on experience in retail application and other IT application.
- Ability to take control of issues and mitigate as per business needs.
- Ability to work through numerous and varied decisions taken under pressure
- Ability to put forward a business case for management 'buy-in' and deliberation.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs