The USDA McGovern-Dole Food for Education PALAM/A Project encourages self-sufficiency of the Sri Lankan government's school meal program and seeks to improve children's literacy skills and attentiveness through improved literacy instruction, decreased short-term hunger, and increased the use of health, nutrition, and dietary practices.
The role holder is responsible for leading the implementation of program activities to increase the use of improved health, nutrition, and dietary practices. These activities include promoting a diverse diet through school meals and community health education, school WASH maintenance, school health clubs, and curriculum- based nutrition education.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide technical oversight and direction for health and nutrition as a member of the Senior Management Team for the PALAM/A Project.
- Ensure the PALAM/A project is carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and other relevant ministries.
- Development of relevant and appropriate technical materials to enhance the SHN activities in the PALAM/A project.
- Conduct Field visits to ensure the quality of implementation and enhance Health and Nutrition practices by providing necessary guidance and technical support.
- Develop, maintain and update evidence of impact of SHN related activities/ interventions required for both internal and external reporting.
- Develop advocacy briefs and/or influencing strategies to support the strengthening of policies and guidance relating to school health and nutrition.
- Represent Save the Children and the PALAM/A Project in relevant government technical meetings to advocate strategies and initiatives that
- will sustain the health and nutrition improvement strategy among primary grades.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health/Nutrition, or related field. Master Degree in Public Health/Nutrition, would be an added advantage.
- At least five years of experience in health & nutrition in designing, managing and implementing integrated health, nutrition & WASH programming in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in working with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education partners to provide quality integrated health and nutrition services.
- Experience with School Health and Nutrition and school feeding programming.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English and Sinhala (knowledge of Tamil will be an added advantage).
- Familiarity with USDA or USAID or other USG administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs