Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for ground level project implementation of BUILD - Building Urban Inclusive Livelihoods Development project within selected GN divisions in Ja-Ela DS division. He is expected to study and understand the project proposal and ensure that the project objectives are reached within the project duration (2 years). The Project Senior Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and needs to work in collaboration with project team to deliver the project targets in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supervise, coach and mentor the project field coordinator to ensure high quality performance towards achieving the project goals
- Understanding, operationalizing, monitoring and managing the grant proposal and grant compliance with support from project team and project liaisons.
- Preparation and Implementation of a yearly personal development plan for the project coordinators.
- Facilitate donor and stakeholder field visits and ensure appropriate donor visibility as per visibility guidelines
- Ensure the filed support in implementing all assessments, baseline and evaluations and they are done following the set standards of the project in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective monitoring system of project output and outcome.
- Direct project coordinators and partners to follow all standards, policies and guidelines on a regular basis.
- Ensure the spending of grant/PNS project budget within approved spending levels.
- Ensure lessons learnt events at community level are conducted and the learnings captured and documented to be shared with donors and relevant partners.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least 4 years of experience in Community Development, Program/Project Management or Coordination in a complex, international organization preferably in the INGO context.
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, International Development Studies or Community development
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage and experience of working with multi ethnic and multi religious communities is preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Written and oral communication skills in Sinhala, Tamil and English
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs