Sourcing Coordinator - Building Resilience and Strengthening Community Disaster Preparedness in Sri Lanka Project
The Project Duration will be 2 Years
This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of the project sourcing process on all requisitions for goods and services across all assigned categories and to ensure general purchases and supplier relationships are implemented in line with World Vision Lanka (WVL) Procurement Policies. This role will also primarily support the Building Resilience and Strengthening Community Disaster Preparedness in Sri Lanka Project team to carry out the respective activities in a timely manner while ensuring quality procurement services.
- Reviews requisitions and ensures accuracy of terminology and specifications in same.
- Ensure submission of Purchase Requests by requestors in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with project staff and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Carry out supplier visits and maintain a high level professional relationship with suppliers as well as a strong partnership with internal customers.
- Prepares, coordinates and conducts negotiations with suppliers to achieve business objectives.
- Prepares and processes Purchase Orders and documents in accordance with World Vision (WV) Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that suppliers/vendors are paid in a timely manner against the right quantity received by WV.
- Coordinates purchasing details with requestor and logistics, including pricing revisions, order cancellation and invoice discrepancies.
- Conducts supplier pre-qualification process with the support from Regional Sourcing Specialist.
- Monitors contract duration and supplier performance against contract terms & conditions.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least Two (2) years of experience in a similar role where a variety of general and specialized items were procured.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher National Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or any related field.
- Knowledge on shipping of goods.
- Strong skills in communication, multi-tasking and problem solving.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
- Good writing and oral skills in English and Tamil.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs