- Support programmes to empower communities to respond to their child protection needs.
- Monitor participation and skills development of children in programmes.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and support for implementation of identified project models and promote innovation.
- Support capacity building of staff and partners with necessary Child Protection related skills.
- Support staffs/teams to understand safeguarding standards and expectations of WVL and global.
- Promotion of 100% compliance on behavior protocols especially by programme staff, partners and visitors who engage with project communities.
- Support building of safeguarding related capacity of partners.
- Guide and support programme staff to implement safeguarding incident preparedness plans (SIPPS).
- Compile information (internal and external) at regional level and help generate recommendations for further improvement of CP focus in programmes.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in training, facilitation and capacity building for staff and communities related to child protection and safeguarding, youth development/empowerment.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology Social Work, Education or qualification in youth work.
- Qualification on child development or child psychology is preferred.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and safeguarding in Sri Lanka.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 70% of the time.
- Fluency in local Language and efficient working knowledge in English.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click the APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs