- At least 7 years of experience in the field of mine action, EOD or similar agency.
- Experience in leading, motivating and managing a diverse team of people
- Experience in mentoring and coaching others
- Experience in working independently for extended periods of time in 'stand-alone' environments with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in English to a work standard is required.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical knowledge of mines & mine clearance techniques, methodology and procedures
- Ability to develop, review and comply with technical Standard Operating Procedures
- The ability to contribute technical knowledge to assist with operational efficiency compliance/improvements and the improvement of Health and Safety.
- Excellent coordination skills with the ability to plan and coordinate activities and projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate with MS Office, particularly, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Interest in and commitment to MAG's humanitarian mandate and principles
- Ability to develop and conduct efficient and effective quality Management procedures to support operations and comply with administrative work plans
- Innovative, creative and proactive with an analytical and solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high-quality standards and continually improving effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to establish and develop effective working relationships in a cross-cultural environment
- Maintain excellent working relations at both levels internally and externally
- Ability to conform to and manage human resources and procurement requirements in relation to QM needs
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to represent and promote MAG
Salary will be based on the MAG Salary Scale on a fixed-term contract.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs