The purpose of this position will be to provide advice in defining and achieving World Vision Lanka (WVL)'s Sector objectives. This position also responsible for leading technical design processes, maintaining up to date knowledge of sector trends, strategic networking, and supporting positioning with corporate and institutional donors for coordination learning and advocacy.
- Contribute to the formulation and revision of the organizational strategy to ensure the sector priorities are reflected within the national strategy.
- Set strategic level key performance indicators of the sector and drive the process of achieving, monitor and report at the end of the year.
- Provide technical guideline at national and field level to ensure programmes adapt appropriate technologies, project models and approaches to achieve Technical Programme (TP)/ project targets.
- Conduct field visits to monitor the quality of the technical programming and provide solutions and recommendation for the identified gaps.
- Timely submission of monthly and TP Annual reports as per the internal reporting schedule.
- Provide guidance/Advice to the field Team in developing Annual and Semiannual reports,
- Annual budgeting and planning and review sample reports of each Region and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Actively and professionally, represent WV at technical forums, working groups, and consultative sessions, with peers, donors and government to better positioning of WVL in the development field.
- Maintain effective relationships with Sector Specific National and Provincial Government agencies and Ministries to better support TP implementation, mutual learning, build rapport etc.
- Provide Technical advice to develop Concept notes, Proposals and Designs for new funding opportunities.
- Ensure effective knowledge management system & processors are in place.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least 8 years' experience in development sector with 5 years in WASH development.
- Out of the 8 years' experience required, minimum of 3 years' experience in the field.
- Minimum of three years' experience in leading and managing teams.
- Master's degree in public health, rural development, development sciences, social sciences or related field Or
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 5 years' experience directly working on the sector.
- Extensive knowledge on national and provincial policies and national and international trends implementing WASH programs and/or WASH components of other sectors in developing countries, experience in INGOs preferred.
- Research and advocacy skills/training.
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills.
- Good knowledge in project logic and design.
- Training/knowledge/experience on cross cutting sectors; Gender, Disability, Peacebuilding,
- Environment, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate change.
- Knowledge and experience of holistic community development.
- Experience working in a donor agency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local languages.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs