The USDA McGovern-Dole Food for Education PALAM/A Project encourages self-sufficiency of the Sri Lankan government's school meal program and seeks to improve children's literacy skills and attentiveness through improved literacy instruction, decreased short-term hunger, and increased the use of health, nutrition, and dietary practices.
The role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of one of the PALAM/A Project Warehouses as well as a team of up to three direct reports. The role holder will receive, safely store and dispatch commodity based on program requirements and accountable for all commodity stocks under his/her control based on accepted commodity management (CM) best-practices, and assist with the coordination of commodity transportation via third party vendors.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Implement approved systems for the provision and maintenance of handling, storage, and safety equipment and establish safety and security procedures for the warehouse and other county-based warehousing staff.
- Inspecting the quality of incoming commodity, be responsible for all counting and recording commodity quantities on appropriate documentation.
- Conducts field visits to USDA PALAM/A storage locations and advice on best commodity practices as and when required within the area of responsibility.
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures and a reliable management regime for ensuring food storage locations in the supply-chain are clean, orderly, and prepared to receive and dispatch stocks.
- Make correct entries into commodity ledgers and record all stock movements including receipts, discharges, loans and removal of damage goods, assist in maintaining files of all relevant documents including waybills, field notes, visitor logs, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics Management or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3 - 7 years of professional experience in managing or operating large warehouses.
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including warehousing, transport/distribution, stock management and commodity accounting.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written in addition to Sinhala and Tamil.
- Previous experience with international NGOs and donors (USDA, USAID, WFP, UNICEF, etc.).
- Valid motorbike riding license is a must.
Apply via SpotJobs
Please click APPLY NOW button to upload your CV via SpotJobs